Utility Strengthening through Consolidation: A Breifing Paper
Despite being an important tool for sustainable water management, utility consolidation is one of the most difficult topics to discuss in the sector. Communities considering options to better meet their water service needs struggle to find fact-based information. Historically, consolidation has put different interests in the water sector in opposition and been difficult to undertake. The US Water Alliance developed this briefing paper to support informed, fact-based dialogue on the consolidation of water utility service in America. This document is organized as follows:
- Guiding Principles.
- Understanding Water Utility Consolidation.
Utility Strengthening through Utility Consolidation: A Briefing Paper (US Water Alliance, 2019)
Recent Tools & Resouces
- An Update on New Jersey Opinions on the State of Our Water Systems, the Environment, and Infrastructure
- Federal Funding Sign On Letter to the New Jersey Congressional Delegation
- Jersey Water Works Comments on the Long Term Control Plans
- NJ Water Workforce Training Program Inventory
- Wells of Opportunity: Training Residents and Prioritizing Local Hiring for Water Infrastructure Projects in Newark