Utility Strengthening through Consolidation: A Breifing Paper
Despite being an important tool for sustainable water management, utility consolidation is one of the most difficult topics to discuss in the sector. Communities considering options to better meet their water service needs struggle to find fact-based information. Historically, consolidation has put different interests in the water sector in opposition and been difficult to undertake. The US Water Alliance developed this briefing paper to support informed, fact-based dialogue on the consolidation of water utility service in America. This document is organized as follows:
- Guiding Principles.
- Understanding Water Utility Consolidation.
Utility Strengthening through Utility Consolidation: A Briefing Paper (US Water Alliance, 2019)
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Jersey Water Works Strategic Communications Recommendations and Message Platform
- Developing Lead Service Line Inventories Presented by the Association of State Drinking Water Administrators
- Handout: Water Infrastructure Drives New Jersey’s Economy
- Assessment of Eliminating Lead in Minnesota Drinking Water
- Policy Options: Promoting Affordability of Public Water and Sewer Service for Low-Income Households in New Jersey