Utility Strengthening through Consolidation: A Breifing Paper
Despite being an important tool for sustainable water management, utility consolidation is one of the most difficult topics to discuss in the sector. Communities considering options to better meet their water service needs struggle to find fact-based information. Historically, consolidation has put different interests in the water sector in opposition and been difficult to undertake. The US Water Alliance developed this briefing paper to support informed, fact-based dialogue on the consolidation of water utility service in America. This document is organized as follows:
- Guiding Principles.
- Understanding Water Utility Consolidation.
Utility Strengthening through Utility Consolidation: A Briefing Paper (US Water Alliance, 2019)
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Hidden Capacity: How Proper Maintenance and Cleaning of Sewer Systems can have Huge Benefits!
- Research to Move Toward Evidence-Based Recommendations for Lead Service Line Disclosure Policies in Home Buying and Home Renting Scenarios
- Unlocking Green Infrastructure: An Applicant’s Guide to Obtaining Water Bank Funding for Green Infrastructure Projects
- The Economic Impacts of a $1 Billion Increase in New Jersey Drinking Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Capital Investment
- Utility Strengthening through Consolidation: A Breifing Paper