Opportunities for Strategic Energy Management in the Municipal Water Sector
This report, Opportunities for Strategic Energy Management in the Municipal Water Sector, focuses on the opportunity to integrate Strategic Energy Management (SEM) into the municipal water-wastewater sector by providing recommendations and resources for key stakeholders, namely municipalities and those working within the facilities and utility program administrators who are in a strong position to support adoption. The report presents findings related to energy use in water and wastewater treatment facilities, barriers preventing SEM implementation in the municipal sector, and opportunities to address those barriers and expand SEM adoption in water-wastewater treatment facilities in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic region.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Rates could fund lead pipe replacement in critical states: Laws in states with the most lead service lines support the practice
- State Policymakers’ Toolkit
- Fact Sheet for Press Kits: New Jersey Water Infrastructure
- Results from 2019 Value of Water Index: American Support for Investments in Water Infrastructure
- Fact Sheet: Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)