Our Water Transformed: An Action Agenda for New Jersey’s Water Infrastructure
The report, Our Water Transformed: An Action Agenda for New Jersey’s Water Infrastructure, offers an in-depth understanding of the state’s water infrastructure and the context for improvement, provides clarity on how Jersey Water Works has brought so many stakeholders together to affect change, and outlines a consensus-based “action agenda” with three practical solutions:
- Robust asset management to enable water utilities to deliver the optimum level of service with the most community benefits at the lowest lifecycle cost.
- Educated stakeholders so that ratepayers and rate setters, consumers and policymakers can understand the value of investing in water infrastructure and the peril of deferring maintenance.
- Government funding initiatives to provide loans and grants to help implement asset management and upgrade systems.
- Background Papers developed for the Jersey Water Works strategic planning process:
- Full List of Jersey Water Works Recommended Solutions for 2017 – 2020
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Drinking Water Guide: A Resource for Advocates
- Water Resources Baseline Topic Report
- Jersey Water Works Strategic Communications Recommendations and Message Platform
- Developing Lead Service Line Inventories Presented by the Association of State Drinking Water Administrators
- Handout: Water Infrastructure Drives New Jersey’s Economy