State of Water Preparedness: A 2018 Scan of Water Preparedness and Response Infrastructure in State and Territorial Health Agencies
In spring 2018, ASTHO surveyed state and territorial directors of public health preparedness and environmental health to learn more about their protocols, tools, resources, infrastructure, and gaps related to drinking water emergency preparedness and response. Survey questions focused on how state and territorial health agencies organize their water preparedness activities and what processes they have in place to prepare for and respond to water emergencies.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Rates could fund lead pipe replacement in critical states: Laws in states with the most lead service lines support the practice
- State Policymakers’ Toolkit
- Fact Sheet for Press Kits: New Jersey Water Infrastructure
- Results from 2019 Value of Water Index: American Support for Investments in Water Infrastructure
- Fact Sheet: Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)