New Jersey Green Streets Case Studies
As of 2019, 151 municipalities in New Jersey have adopted complete streets policies, but most have not incorporated green streets language or requirements into their policies. Municipalities can enhance their roadways by incorporating green streets practices into their complete streets designs. Green streets can help meet regulatory requirements for stormwater management, provide important environmental and public health benefits, and provide social and economic benefits. These case studies show how 3 New Jersey communities—Hoboken, Highland Park, and Camden—planned and implemented green streets to achieve some of the benefits described.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- An Update on New Jersey Opinions on the State of Our Water Systems, the Environment, and Infrastructure
- Federal Funding Sign On Letter to the New Jersey Congressional Delegation
- Jersey Water Works Comments on the Long Term Control Plans
- NJ Water Workforce Training Program Inventory
- Wells of Opportunity: Training Residents and Prioritizing Local Hiring for Water Infrastructure Projects in Newark