New Jersey Green Streets Case Studies
As of 2019, 151 municipalities in New Jersey have adopted complete streets policies, but most have not incorporated green streets language or requirements into their policies. Municipalities can enhance their roadways by incorporating green streets practices into their complete streets designs. Green streets can help meet regulatory requirements for stormwater management, provide important environmental and public health benefits, and provide social and economic benefits. These case studies show how 3 New Jersey communities—Hoboken, Highland Park, and Camden—planned and implemented green streets to achieve some of the benefits described.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- NJ Water Workforce Training Program Inventory
- Wells of Opportunity: Training Residents and Prioritizing Local Hiring for Water Infrastructure Projects in Newark
- New Jersey Green Streets Case Studies
- Green Infrastructure Recommendations for Consideration within the Green Acres Reauthorization
- Bolstering the Water Workforce with Innovative Programs