Strong Infrastructure, Healthy New Jersey
Members drive the success of Jersey Water Works, raising tough issues and working together to find solutions. The fifth annual Membership Meeting was held on July 20 in a new virtual format, but still featured the collaborative’s latest information, projects, and member updates.
The COVID-19 outbreak has highlighted many challenges the water sector has been facing for years, and has emphasized just how essential clean, safe, affordable water; water and wastewater utility workers; and reliable infrastructure are to public health.
The meeting included:
- State leaders’ COVID-19 response stories and ideas for getting ahead of the next crisis;
- Peggy Gallos, Association of Environmental Authorities, and JWW Steering Committee member (moderator)
- Kim Gaddy, Clean Water Action,
- Assemblyman Robert Karabinchak, Chair of the Assembly Special Committee on Infrastructure and Natural Resources,
- Michele Putnam, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection,
- Gregory A. Tramontozzi, Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission,
- A sneak peek of Jersey WaterCheck and a chance to shape its creation and launch;
- Wynnie-Fred Victor Hinds, Newark Environmental Commission; Clean Water Action
- Jyoti Venketraman, Jersey Water Works
- Hot-off-the-press member updates (email us to add yours to the list); and
- Top highlights from JWW working committees.
Meeting highlights and outcomes:
Interested in Jersey Water Works but not a member yet? Become a member today!