Green Infrastructure Recommendations for Consideration within the Green Acres Reauthorization
In July 2020, the Jersey Water Works Green Infrastructure Committee sent recommendations for consideration by the Department of Environmental Protection to the re-authorization of the Green Acres rules. The Green Infrastructure subcommittee focused its efforts to understand the limitations of the current rule towards green infrastructure, and propose revisions that integrate green infrastructure into the Green Acres grant application process while being consistent with the intent of the program and collect information on existing green infrastructure projects in parks. The document outlines suggested revisions to the Green Acres re-authorization to include and encourage, when appropriate, the evaluation and prioritization of green infrastructure and green stormwater infrastructure practices for conservation purposes regarding watershed protection.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- An Update on New Jersey Opinions on the State of Our Water Systems, the Environment, and Infrastructure
- Federal Funding Sign On Letter to the New Jersey Congressional Delegation
- Jersey Water Works Comments on the Long Term Control Plans
- NJ Water Workforce Training Program Inventory
- Wells of Opportunity: Training Residents and Prioritizing Local Hiring for Water Infrastructure Projects in Newark