Procurement Toolkit for Cities and Utilities
This Free Procurement Toolkit for Cities helps city and utility officials make critical early stage procurement decisions, including which “big city” procurement tool is most relevant and how to apply it to build resilience. The toolkit focuses on ways cities and utilities can use current procurement systems to enable better outcomes.
The procurement toolkit was piloted by seven U.S. cities: Anchorage (AK), El Paso (TX), Camden County MUA (NJ), Gary (IN), Norfolk (VA), Imperial Beach (CA) and Providence (RI).
With the generous support of the Kresge Foundation, re:focus partners and The Atlas Marketplace brought together a cohort of seven cities with eight private sector implementing partner organizations to apply three innovative “big city” procurement tools to tackle major infrastructure challenges in smaller cities.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Opportunities for Strategic Energy Management in the Municipal Water Sector
- State Approaches to Testing School Drinking Water for Lead in the United States
- Balancing Green and Gray Solutions to CSO Management
- How Americans Relate to Water: A Qualitative Study
- Perspectives on State Legislation Concerning Lead Testing in School Drinking Water