Asset Management Definitions Guidebook
The Asset Management Definitions Guidebook defines terms commonly used in water utility Asset Management practice. American Water Works Association’s Asset Management Committee developed it to help improve learning, consistency, and communication in the water industry. The Committee encourages professionals throughout the industry to use the guidebook, and expects the terminology in products that the Committee sponsors (e.g., publications and presentations) to be consistent with it.
As Asset Management practice in the water industry matures, its terminology is likely to change. Thus, the Committee plans to revise this guidance periodically to reflect changes, and invites people that use the document to send the Committee comments on how it can be improved.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- USDA Tools to Support Source Water Protection
- A Review of New Jersey Water Bank Financing for Green Infrastructure Projects
- Green Infrastructure & Health Guide
- Informing, Improving, and Expanding Water Quality and Financing through Advanced Data Management
- Putting children first: Tackling lead in water in child care facilities