The One Water Awards were developed to honor initiatives that exemplify the principles of the One Water approach: sustainable, integrated, and inclusive water resource management practices. One Water is the belief that all water – stormwater, drinking water, wastewater – has value that can be unlocked to solve the state’s water challenges.
Take a look at the One Water Awards winners.
The awards are sponsored by a partnership of statewide water-focused organizations:
- American Water Works Association New Jersey section (AWWA-NJ)
- Association of Environmental Authorities (AEA)
- Jersey Water Works (JWW)
- New Jersey American Water Resources Association (NJ-AWRA)
- New Jersey Water Environment Association (NJWEA)
Together these five organizations will honor projects and programs that address water issues holistically and with other community priorities, reflect collaboration, innovation, and public education, and advance long-term sustainability by meeting multiple needs and generating multiple benefits.
Awards are given in four categories:
- Public: Open to local, regional and state-level public entities in New Jersey including municipalities, counties, state agencies and utilities.
- Private: Open to private-sector businesses and institutions, including investor-owned water utilities, developers, manufacturers, and more.
- Nonprofit: Open to nonprofit organizations of all sizes and missions.
- Academic: Open to academic institutions of all sizes.
Review the Eligibility and Guidelines for 2019.
Applications open on May 15 and close on Sept. 30.
Questions? Contact Ed DiFiglia, email@example.com
Awardees are announced at the AEA conference in November, awarded trophies at the JWW conference in December and recognized at the AWRA-NJ conference in December, the AWWA-NJ conference in March and the NJWEA conference in May.
The New Jersey One Water Awards are sponsored by: