- This event has passed.
May 13, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Infrastructure Week is a national week of events; media coverage; and education and advocacy efforts to elevate infrastructure as a critical issue impacting all Americans. Do you have an event that Jersey Water Works can promote? Contact Ed DiFiglia!
Attend I-Week Events in New Jersey!
- Workshop: Green Infrastructure Municipal Toolkit. Register today for the chance to learn how to use the new toolkit as a resource to plan, implement, and sustain green infrastructure in your town. The event is on Tuesday, May 14, at 6:00 pm in Evesham, and it is presented by New Jersey Future and Pinelands Preservation Alliance. This workshop is approved for continuing education credits.
- Discussion: ‘Is It Safe to Drink Our Water?’ Attend this discussion featuring DEP Commissioner Catherine McCabe, Chris Sturm, New Jersey Future and Dan Van Abs, Rutgers University the third in a series of civic discussions. The event is on Tuesday, May 14, at 7:00 pm in Princeton, and it is presented by Princeton Public Library.
- Webinar: Green Infrastructure: A Triple Bottom Line Approach to Environmental Justice. Register today for this online event on Wednesday, May 15, at 1:00 pm to hear Stacey Eriksen, EPA Region 8, and Andy Kricun, Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority, discuss how the implementation of green infrastructure practices can bring environmental, economic, and social benefits to the communities that need them the most.
- Workshop: Obtaining Water Bank Financing for Green Infrastructure Projects. Register today to learn how to finance your town’s project through the Water Bank, using the new applicant’s guide and its integrated web components. The event is on Thursday, May 16, at 10:00 am in Newark, and it is presented by Jersey Water Works, the New Jersey Infrastructure Bank, Department of Environmental Protection, and New Jersey Future.
- Climate Resilient Municipalities: Controlling Stormwater, Protecting Streams & Maintaining Water Quality. Register today to learn how increased precipitation is affecting stormwater infrastructure and water quality and the financial cost to your municipality. Chris Obropta, Rutgers Cooperative Extension and a member of the Jersey Water Works Steering Committee will join Bill Kibler and Kristi MacDonald, Raritan Headwater and members of Jersey Water Works to answer questions about stormwater utilities, stormwater runoff and using green infrastructure to save your municipality money. This event is on Thursday, May 16, at 2:00 pm in Bedminster.
- Plant Tour and Happy Hour. Register today for a free tour of Asbury Park’s wastewater treatment plant. Afterwards, join us at Anchor’s Bend Brewery for a networking opportunity. The tour is on Thursday, May 16, at 3:00 pm in Asbury Park, and it is presented by the Jersey Water Works Education and Outreach Committee and the City of Asbury Park.
Infrastructure Week, a non-profit organization, convenes a national week of education and advocacy that brings together American businesses, workers, elected leaders, and everyday citizens around one message in 2019: Let’s#BuildForTomorrow. Starting Now. Each year during IWeek, leaders and citizens around America highlight the state of our nation’s infrastructure – roads, bridges, rail, ports, airports, water and sewer systems, the energy grid, telecoms, and more – and the projects, technologies, and policies necessary to make America competitive, prosperous, and safe.