- This event has passed.
Green Infrastructure Champions – Maintaining green infrastructure practices/projects
February 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
Workshop 3 of 11, Maintaining green infrastructure practices/projects: The key to long-term success of green infrastructure is maintenance. This workshop will discuss the maintenance requirements for each green infrastructure practice. Model maintenance agreements will be shared and discussed. Cost of maintenance will be covered in the workshop as well.
Green Infrastructure Champions are key players in implementing green infrastructure as a stormwater management approach town by town. Green Infrastructure Champions will be able to:
- Enhance their knowledge through green infrastructure workshops, seminars, and personal research
- Engage community leaders to adopt green infrastructure as a stormwater management solution by updating ordinances and municipal master plans
- Encourage local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and schools to incorporate green infrastructure in their existing landscaping
- Secure funding for green infrastructure
- Publicize implementation of green infrastructure through social media channels
**A minimum of five (5) workshops is required for certification.**