Water Needs through 2040 for New Jersey Public Community Water Supply Systems
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) contracted with Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey to estimate water demands in New Jersey for each Public Community Water Supply system to the year 2040. The project results will support future water supply planning by NJDEP, including the Statewide Water Supply Plan. This project made several important advances regarding our understanding of water supply demands and demand forecasting.
This report provides a detailed technical discussion of the methodology, data collection, data analyses, model development and assumptions, and results for the project. It is not written or intended for general public use.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Storm Smart Cities: Integrating Green Infrastructure into Local Hazard Mitigation Plans
- Making the Utility Case for Onsite Non-potable Water Systems
- Step-by-Step Guide to Integrating Community Input into Green Infrastructure Projects
- Making It Rain: Effective Stormwater Fees Can Create Jobs, Build Infrastructure, And Drive Investment In Local Communities
- New Jersey Lead Poisoning Prevention Action Plan