U.S. GAO Recommendations to Enhance EPA’s Oversight of Lead Rule
GAO makes three recommendations, as part of its report, Additional Data and Statistical Analysis May Enhance EPA’s Oversight of the Lead and Copper Rule, including for EPA to require states to report data on lead pipes and develop a statistical analysis on the likelihood of LCR violations to supplement its current oversight. EPA agreed with GAO’s recommendations.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Menu of State Policy Options for Green Infrastructure
- Mainstreaming Potable Water Reuse in the United States: Strategies for Leveling the Playing Field
- Working with the Market: Economic Instruments to Support Investment in Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Storm Smart Cities: Integrating Green Infrastructure into Local Hazard Mitigation Plans
- Making the Utility Case for Onsite Non-potable Water Systems