Asset Management Definitions Guidebook
The Asset Management Definitions Guidebook defines terms commonly used in water utility Asset Management practice. American Water Works Association’s Asset Management Committee developed it to help improve learning, consistency, and communication in the water industry. The Committee encourages professionals throughout the industry to use the guidebook, and expects the terminology in products that the Committee sponsors (e.g., publications and presentations) to be consistent with it.
As Asset Management practice in the water industry matures, its terminology is likely to change. Thus, the Committee plans to revise this guidance periodically to reflect changes, and invites people that use the document to send the Committee comments on how it can be improved.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Evaluating Green Infrastructure: A Combined Sewer Overflow Control Alternative for Long Term Control Plans
- Water Needs through 2040 for New Jersey Public Community Water Supply System
- Asset Management Definitions Guidebook
- Holistically Analyzing the Benefits of Green Infrastructure
- Joint Legislative Task Force on Drinking Water Infrastructure’s Final Report