Asset Management Definitions Guidebook
The Asset Management Definitions Guidebook defines terms commonly used in water utility Asset Management practice. American Water Works Association’s Asset Management Committee developed it to help improve learning, consistency, and communication in the water industry. The Committee encourages professionals throughout the industry to use the guidebook, and expects the terminology in products that the Committee sponsors (e.g., publications and presentations) to be consistent with it.
As Asset Management practice in the water industry matures, its terminology is likely to change. Thus, the Committee plans to revise this guidance periodically to reflect changes, and invites people that use the document to send the Committee comments on how it can be improved.
Recent Tools & Resouces
- Storm Smart Cities: Integrating Green Infrastructure into Local Hazard Mitigation Plans
- Making the Utility Case for Onsite Non-potable Water Systems
- Step-by-Step Guide to Integrating Community Input into Green Infrastructure Projects
- Making It Rain: Effective Stormwater Fees Can Create Jobs, Build Infrastructure, And Drive Investment In Local Communities
- New Jersey Lead Poisoning Prevention Action Plan