The One Water approach embraces the belief that all water– stormwater, drinking water, wastewater– has value that can be unlocked by implementing sustainable, inclusive, and integrated water resource management practices.
The New Jersey One Water Awards honors implemented water infrastructure programs or projects that address water issues holistically. The awards are sponsored by a new partnership of statewide water-focused organizations:
- American Water Resources Association’s New Jersey section (AWRA-NJ)
- American Water Works Association’s New Jersey section (AWWA-NJ)
- Association of Environmental Authorities (AEA)
- Jersey Water Works (JWW)
- New Jersey Water Environment Association (NJWEA)
Together these five statewide organizations will help to shine a spotlight on programs or projects that exemplify integration across the water cycle and with other community priorities, reflect collaboration, employ innovation and education, and advance long-term sustainability.
Awards are given in three categories:
- Public: Open to local, regional and state-level public entities in New Jersey including municipalities, counties, state agencies and utilities.
- Private: Open to investor-owned water utilities and other private-sector firms and institutions
- Nonprofit/ academic: Open to nonprofit organizations and academic institutions
Awardees in 2018 will be announced at the AEA conference in November 2018, awarded trophies at the JWW conference in December and recognized at industry events including the AWRA-NJ conference in December 2018, the AWWA-NJ conference in March 2019 and the NJWEA conference in May 2019.
The New Jersey One Water Awards are sponsored by: